The After School Sports Program is an ongoing program that offers various sports in five to six-week blocks. There are no try-outs and students are not "cut." Membership on a team simply requires a desire to play and the appropriate commitment to being a team player. In this after school program, Pine Valley teams compete against other middle schools in our district.
- Provide an opportunity for students to experience a variety of competitive sports in a safe and supportive environment.
- Develop fundamental athletic skills that prepare participants for advanced competition.
- Reinforce life skills of respect, cooperation, and effort in a competitive environment.
- To have fun and promote school pride.
The After School Sports program operates solely on a donation basis. These monies help pay for coaches and referees. A payment of $65 for each sport played will be requested during sign-ups each season.
Private vehicles will provide transportation to and from away games. All drivers who will be transporting students, other than their own, must complete a Personal Automobile Use Permission Form that will be kept on file for the school year in the main office. These forms may be picked up in the office or from a coach.
Student Athletic Behavior Expectations
Students who participate in After School Sports are expected to
- Exhibit desirable behavior at all times while representing the school.
- Respect my opponent, fellow students, team members, coaches, and spectators.
- Exercise self-control at all times, and accept and respect the officials’ judgment and interpretation of the rules.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in school in order to be eligible to participate in after school sports.
- Not use drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or any other harmful substance.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and cooperative behavior.
- Respect school property and the property of students and people in the community.
How to Sign Up
Listen to the morning announcements and look for fliers around campus and in the P.E. locker rooms notifying students of when to sign up for a sport. Students will be instructed where to sign up, where to pick up paperwork and when to attend the first practice after school.
AFTER SCHOOL SPORTS SCHEDULE 2014-2015
- 6th grade teams: practices/plays Mondays and Tuesdays
- 7th grade teams: practices/plays Mondays and Thursdays
- 8th grade & combined grade level teams: practices/plays Tuesdays and Thursdays
7 vs. 7 FLAG FOOTBALL (one 6th gr. team; one 7th/8th gr. team):
- Sign-ups: Sept 2-12
- Practices: Sept 15-25
- Games: Sept 29-Oct 28
CROSS COUNTRY (one team for all grades):
- Sign-ups: Sept 2-10
- Practices: Tuesdays & Thursdays, Sep 11-Oct 7
- Meets: Thurs. Oct 2, Oct 9 @ OsagePark, Danville
VOLLEYBALL (one team per grade):
- Sign-ups: Oct 20-24
- Practices: Oct 27-Nov 13
- Games: Nov 17-Dec 18
DODGEBALL (one team for all grades):
- Sign-ups: Jan 5-9
- Practices: Tuesdays & Thursdays, Jan 13-22
- Games: Tuesdays & Thursdays, Jan 27-Feb 5
BADMINTON (one team for all grades):
- Sign-ups: Feb 9-13
- Practices: Tuesdays & Thursdays, Feb 17-26
- Games: Tuesdays & Thursdays, March 3-31
ULTIMATE FRISBEE (one team for all grades):
- Sign-ups: April 13-17
- Practices: Tuesdays & Thursdays, April 21-30
- Games: Tuesdays & Thursdays, May 5-26
TRACK & FIELD (one team for all grades):
- Sign-ups: April 20-24
- Practices: Tuesdays & Thursdays, April 28-May 19
- Meets: Thurs. May 14, May 21 @ California High School
GOLF (one team for all grades):
- TBA (Apr.-May)