The After School Sports Program is an ongoing program that offers various sports in five to six-week blocks. There are no try-outs and students are not "cut." Membership on a team simply requires a desire to play and the appropriate commitment to being a team player. In this after school program, Pine Valley teams compete against other middle schools in our district.
- Provide an opportunity for students to experience a variety of competitive sports in a safe and supportive environment.
- Develop fundamental athletic skills that prepare participants for advanced competition.
- Reinforce life skills of respect, cooperation, and effort in a competitive environment.
- To have fun and promote school pride.
The After School Sports program operates solely on a donation basis. These monies help pay for coaches and referees. A payment of $60 for each sport played will be requested during sign-ups each season.
Private vehicles will provide transportation to and from away games. All drivers who will be transporting students, other than their own, must complete a Personal Automobile Use Permission Form that will be kept on file for the school year in the main office. These forms may be picked up in the office or from a coach.
Student Athletic Behavior Expectations
Students who participate in After School Sports are expected to
- Exhibit desirable behavior at all times while representing the school.
- Respect my opponent, fellow students, team members, coaches, and spectators.
- Exercise self-control at all times, and accept and respect the officials’ judgment and interpretation of the rules.
- Maintain a 2.0 grade point average in school in order to be eligible to participate in after school sports.
- Not use drugs, alcohol, tobacco, or any other harmful substance.
- Demonstrate good sportsmanship and cooperative behavior.
- Respect school property and the property of students and people in the community.
How to Sign Up
Listen to the morning announcements and look for fliers around campus and in the P.E. locker rooms notifying students of when to sign up for a sport. Students will be instructed where to sign up, where to pick up paperwork and when to attend the first practice after school.
AFTER SCHOOL SPORTS SCHEDULE 2013-2014
- 6th grade teams: practices/plays Mondays and Tuesdays
- 7th grade teams: practices/plays Mondays and Thursdays
- 8th grade & combined grade level teams: practices/plays Tuesdays and Thursdays
7 vs. 7 FLAG FOOTBALL (one 6th gr. team; one 7th/8th gr. team):
- Sign-ups: Aug 27-30
- Practices: Sept 9-19
- Games: Sept 23-Oct 24
CROSS COUNTRY (one team for all grades):
- Sign-ups: Sept 3-6
- Practices: Tuesdays & Thursdays, Sep 10-Oct 3
- Meets: Tues. Oct 1, Oct 8 @ OsagePark, Danville
VOLLEYBALL (one team per grade):
- Sign-ups: Oct 28-31
- Practices: Nov 4-14
- Games: Nov 18-Dec 19
DODGEBALL (one team for all grades):
- Sign-ups: Dec 16-20
- Practices: Tuesdays & Thursdays, Jan 7-16
- Games: Tuesdays & Thursdays, Jan 21-Feb 13
BADMINTON (one team for all grades):
- Sign-ups: Feb 18-21
- Practices: Tuesdays & Thursdays, Feb 25-March 6
- Games: Tuesdays & Thursdays, March 11-April 10
ULTIMATE FRISBEE (one team for all grades):
- Sign-ups: April 7-11
- Practices: Tuesdays & Thursdays, April 22-May 1
- Games: Tuesdays & Thursdays, May 6-29
TRACK & FIELD (one team for all grades):
- Sign-ups: April 21-25
- Practices: Tuesdays & Thursdays, April 29-May 13
- Meets: Thurs. May 15, May 22 @ California High School
GOLF (one team for all grades):
- TBA (Apr.-May)